When you first come across a kettlebell set in the gym, it may seem strange, frivolous; after all, what’s so special about this iron ball over traditional barbells? Kettlebells are weights similar to a cannonball with a handle.
Despite their shape, they are a perfect element to work functional strength, cardiovascular system, flexibility, and coordination. And this is because when you work with kettlebells, we are involved in the exercise of many muscles simultaneously, in a coordinated and simultaneous way. Unlike dumbbells, their center of gravity is external to the hand due to the handle they have. It should be noted that it is very versatile. Its use can be included in numerous disciplines, from simple strength exercises to repetitions within a Cross Force Training FEDA workout. In this sense, the exercises are suitable – with the corresponding level of intensity – for people who are used to physical exercise and others who are new to it.
If you want to try kettlebell training for the first time, but you’re not sure what weight is right for you, you can start light and, as you get better, increase quickly. Or, if you’re the type of person who likes to create light and build up a pound or two during a session, you can easily do that as well.
Some of the benefits of using a kettlebell set are:
- One of the significant advantages of kettlebells is that, because of the need for balance to maintain it properly, many muscles in the body are tightened simultaneously (abdomen, waist, back, deep spine).
- They develop musculature and strength. They are complete exercises and involve a large part of the musculature. As a result, the body works as a unit, increases power, and improves cardiovascular endurance.
- Multi-muscle exercise can help improve posture and alleviate spine and waist problems.
- Improve coordination. Kettlebells require excellent control of movements and also help increase agility.
- Kettlebell exercises involve high metabolic expenditure.
- Workout routines can start simple, so they are easy to learn.
- Both joints and flexibility are worked.
- Because of its handle, the leverage you are working with is much broader.
- It provides a comfortable grip.
- You get continuous improvement with gradually increasing weights and repetitions.
- Men and women can follow the same training plan; it is enough to customize the sphere’s weight.
- You improve blood circulation and start burning fat quickly during kettlebell training.
When you work with a kettlebell set, you will tone up, gain functional strength, and lose fat percentage thanks to having a very high caloric expenditure that will continue for the next 24 hours due to the increased metabolism. All thanks to the fact that by involving many muscles and working the cardiovascular system, we also globally work strength.
Generally, in this type of exercise we use a kettlebell of 16 kilos. Still, the most important thing is that we do it with a professional or personal trainer to correct the technique and execution of the exercises to perform them correctly.