Although there is no risk in dark eye circles, many people are looking for ways to handle or conceal them. However, they might not be entirely gone. Dark circles under the eyes are one of the most common causes of Eyelid Surgery Toronto. Dark circles can make your appearance tired and old. The good news is that the majority of dark circles can be treatable. There are three main reasons for dark circles in the eye.
- The first cause is the lack of volume (pronounced “troff”) in the tear trough. The tear trough is the region on both sides of your nose, which separates your eyelids from cheeks. This is an area where your tears come from. When we get older, we lose fat and collagen in tear troughs, and middles of the face that make our eyelids and cheeks more separated. This depression’s hollowness causes dark circles. The good thing is that the hollowness in the tear trough can be reversed. This can be done by fat surgery or by non-surgical collagen (filler) injections.
- The second reason for dark circles is the shadow effects of the fat prolapse of the lower lid. Behind our eyes, we all have fat to protect our eyeball. Genetically few individuals have more fat than others, and the fat in the lower eyelids appears to bulge as they get old. The bulging, which is called a fat prolapse, is considered to be a hill above the tear trough. The bigger the fat prolapse, the bigger the hill, resulting in the lower the tear through the valley becomes deeper. Clinically, under-eye circles get darker by the time. A treatment known as lower lid blepharoplasty helps to remove the fat prolapsed and pass it to the tear trough, this way you can get rid of under dark circles. This creates a smoother transition between the eyelids and the cheeks, eliminating the dark circled shadowing effect. Dr. Cory Torgerson is a lower lid blepharoplasty surgeon and oculoplastic specialist. He tests the eyes and face during the appointment and let clients know if they are a good candidate for this surgery.
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin is the ultimate reason for dark circles. Naturally, some people have more pigmentation in the skin. This is inherited and is caused by an increase in melanocytes that carries melanin, which makes the skin darker. We can discuss several products of medical grade in the consultation that help in lightening the skin under your eyes and decrease the appearance of dark circles.
Besides the cosmetic treatments, some home remedies can help you in diminishing your dark circles. Here they are:
- Get adequate sleep
- Elevate your head while sleeping
- Apply cold compresses to your eyes
- Avoid exposure to the sun
- Apply Cucumber and tea bags on your eyes
- Intake Vitamin C and Vitamin K in your diet
- You can hide the circles under eyes with quality makeup and concealers.
No matters how darker you under-eye circles are, make sure to get in touch with Dr. Cory Torgerson. He has successfully performed numerous facial surgeries, hair transplant Toronto and eyelid surgeries.
What is your reaction?